Melinda Park is a partner in the Securities and Capital Markets Group in our Calgary office.
She is a senior member of firm management, having recently completed her term as Chair of the Partnership Board, the Firm's highest governing body, becoming the first woman at BLG to hold the position. Melinda is Regional Group Manager for the Corporate & Capital Markets Group in Calgary, past Chair of the Firm's Audit Committee, and was a member of the Partnership Board for six years.
Melinda has practised securities and corporate law for over 20 years, with a focus on securities, corporate finance and commercial transactions. She primarily represents corporate clients on securities and corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, going public in Canada, and financings by way of prospectus and private placement offerings. She regularly advises boards of directors and committees of public and private companies. Melinda has extensive experience advising corporate clients and structuring business transactions. She has also been involved in providing expertise on corporate governance and continuous disclosure for numerous companies listed on both the TSX Venture Exchange and the TSX.
Publications & Presentations
• Co-Author, ASC Releases Results of EMD Sweep/CSA Provides Guidance on Small Firms Compliance, BLG Investment Management Bulletin, June 2017.
• Co-Author, Quebec Court of Appeal Rejects Several Aspects of Pan-Canadian Securities Regime, BLG Securities and Capital Markets Bulletin, May 2017.
• Co-Author, Less is More - the CSA Considers Significantly Streamlining Prospectus and Continuous Reporting Disclosure, BLG Securities and Capital Markets Bulletin, April 2017.
• Speaker, Managing a Public Company, TSX Venture Exchange Workshop, November, 2012.
• Faculty Member, Managing a Public Company, TSX Venture Exchange.
• Round Table Panel Member, TSX Venture Exchange presentations on securities and corporate finance topics.
Rankings & Recognitions
• Recognized in the 2018 edition (and since 2012) of The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Corporate Mid-Market).
• Recipient of the Women's Executive Network (WXN) 2017 Canada's Most Powerful Women: Top 100 Award.
• Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2018 edition (Corporate Law and Securities Law), and the 2015 to 2017 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada (Securities Law).
• Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre, Board of Directors and Chair of Governance Committee
• Board of Directors, Calgary Minor Soccer Association
•Board of Governors, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
•Member, Canadian Bar Association
•Member, Law Society of Alberta
•Current Member, TSX Venture Exchange Local Advisory Committee
•Faculty Member, TSX Venture Exchange Workshops, 2009-present
•Panel Member, TSX Ignite: Essentials for Great Canadian Companies
•Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre, Board of Directors and Chair of Governance Committee
•Board of Directors, Calgary Minor Soccer Association
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.