Miles Pittman is a partner in the Calgary office and is a member of our energy and corporate / commercial groups. He is also the leader of our Asia Pacific initiative.
He advises energy sector transaction parties and project proponents on acquisitions and divestitures, corporate transactions, and project structure and development.
He has led significant transactions in the upstream, midstream and oilfield service sectors, and has advised on virtually all aspects of the LNG value chain. He has particular expertise in transactions involving engineering companies. He has also played a lead role in significant restructuring transactions.
Publications & Presentations
• Author, “ Gross Negligence in Canadian Energy Contracts” 51 Alberta Law Review 283, 2013-2014.
• Presenter, “ Gross Negligence in Canadian Energy Contracts,” Canadian Energy Law Foundation Seminar, Jasper, Alberta, June 13, 2013.
• Co-Author, “ Restrictions on Disposition in the Oil and Gas Industry: The Extinction of the Species ” 44 Alberta Law Review 477.
• Presenter, “ Restrictions on Disposition in the Oil and Gas Industry: the Extinction of the Species,” Canadian Petroleum Law Foundation Seminar, Jasper, Alberta, June 15, 2006.
• Presenter, “ Securing US Energy Supplies - Investing in Canada’s Resources,” American Corporate Counsel Association, New York, November 14, 2006.
• Presenter, “ Force Majeure in Gas Purchase Agreements,” Quebec Energy Summit, Insight Information, March 2005.
Rankings & Recognitions
• Recognized in the 2018 edition (and since 2012) of The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Oil and Gas).
• Recognized in the 2018 edition of the Lexpert /ROB Special Edition - Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers.
• Recognized as a leading energy lawyer in the 2017 and 2016 edition of Lexpert Special Edition on Energy/Report on Business Magazine.
• Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2015 to 2018 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada (Energy Law).
• Board Chair, Alliance Francaise of Calgary
• Board Member, Contemporary Calgary Arts Society
• Board Member, Lake Louise All Mountain Ski Clu
•Past Chair, Canadian Energy Law Foundation, and 2011 Chair, Canadian Energy Law Foundation Jasper Conference
•Member, Canadian Bar Association (Past Chair, Natural Resource Subsection); Member, Calgary Bar Association
•Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
•Board Chair, Alliance Francaise of Calgary
•Board Member, Contemporary Calgary Arts Society
•Board Member, Lake Louise All Mountain Ski Club
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.