Neil McCrank is Counsel in our Calgary Office. Neil's practice is primarily focused on oil & gas, energy and litigation. A former Chair of the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board (1998 to 2007), Neil brings a wealth of insight into Alberta's regulatory regime as it relates to large oil sands and electricity projects, providing strategic advice on some of the most important provincial energy projects, including northern development and the oil sands, major electricity generation, and transmission projects. He is also involved with BLG's Team North® Initiative.
Prior to the EUB, Neil served as Alberta's Deputy Justice Minister (1989-1998). Since then, he has served both provincial and federal governments in different advisory capacities.
• Chair Emeritus, Canadian Energy Research Institute
• Member, Association of Professional Engineers, Geoscientists of Alberta
• Member, Chairs' Advisory Committee, Energy Resources Conservation Board
• Member, Board of Directors: AltaGas Ltd., Petrobank Energy and Resources Ltd., and TSO Energy Corp.
• Chair, Canadian Association for the World Petroleum Congress, 2008-11
• Member, Calgary YMCA Advisory Council
• Hon. Col. 41, Combat Engineer Regiment
•Chair Emeritus, Canadian Energy Research Institute
•Member, Association of Professional Engineers, Geoscientists of Alberta
•Member, Board of Directors: AltaGas Ltd., SiGNa Oilfield Canada Inc., and TSO Energy Corp.
•Chair, Canadian Association for the World Petroleum Congress, 2008-11
•Member, Calgary YMCA Advisory Council
•Hon. Col. 41, Combat Engineer Regiment
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.