Peter Bryan is a partner in our Corporate Commercial Group in our Calgary office. Peter focuses his practice on the formation, financing, purchase and sale of corporations, partnerships and joint ventures with particular emphasis on oil & gas transactions and energy infrastructure projects. He advises clients on all commercial aspects regarding the purchase and sale of assets and shares, corporate governance and competition issues, the acquisition and divestiture of oil & gas properties, and the development and approval of midstream energy infrastructure.
Before joining BLG in June 2011, Peter was Senior Legal Counsel, Major Energy and Infrastructure Law and Manager of Pipeline Business Development for a large energy infrastructure company.
Publications & Presentations
• Co-Author, President Trump’s Executive Order on Keystone XL-encouragement but not an approval, The Resource: BLG Energy Blog, January 25, 2017 .
• Co-Author, 2016 Year in Review: Top 10 Transactions and Trends in the Canadian Energy Industry, The Resource: BLG Energy Blog, January 15, 2017 .
• Co-Author, Quebec Passes New Legislation Governing Clean Energy And Oil And Gas Exploration, BLG Publication, December 15, 2016 .
• Co-Presenter, “ Licensee Liability Ratings and Stakeholder Exposure in Insolvency,” BLG Seminar, April 2016
• Co-Presenter, “ Publish what you pay: The impact of the new Extractive Sector Transparency Measures Act (Canada),” BLG Seminar, June 2015.
• Co-Author, Dealing with Partnerships, The Negotiator, March 2015.
• Speaker, “ Canadian Legal Landscape for Unconventional Oil & Gas Development,” ALFA International, July 2012.
• Speaker, “ Opportunities and Challenges in Accessing New Markets,” Canadian Institute: North American Pipeline Symposium, June 2011.
• Co-Author, “ LNG Development - Overview of the Growth of Future Gas Supply for the North American Market,” 43 Alberta Law Review 51, July 2005.
• Assistant Editor, Administrative Law Reports, 1998-2000.
Rankings and Recognitions
• Recognized in the 2018 edition of Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Oil and Gas)
• Board of Directors, Westside Recreation Facility, 2014-present
• Director, Canadian Energy Law Foundation, 2012-present
• Director, Ronald McDonald House (Southern Alberta), 2005-2010
•Chair, Canadian Energy Law Foundation Jasper Conference 2017?
•Member, Organizing Committee of Canadian Energy Law Foundation, Jasper Conference, 2007-present; Co-Chair Papers Committee 2014-present; Chair Scholarship Committee 2014-2016
•Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, and Member of Global Conference Organizing Committee, 2011
•Member, Corporate/Commercial Advisory Committee, Law Society of Alberta, 2010-2013
•Board of Directors, Westside Recreation Facility, 2014-present
•Director, Canadian Energy Law Foundation, 2012-present
•Director, Ronald McDonald House (Southern Alberta), 2005-2010
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.