Qaim Giga is an associate in our Securities and Capital Markets group in Calgary. Qaim acts on a broad range of securities and corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions and compliance. Qaim has experience and documenting domestic and international financings of businesses, assets and projects in public and private markets including numerous acquisition financings and transactions involving debt-related instruments.
Qaim has also been involved in significant not-for-profit work and has managed development projects in Calgary and abroad. In 2006, Qaim was the youngest recipient of the Governor General's Caring Canadian Award.
• Numerous debt and equity financings ranging in size from C$5 million to C$500 million.
• BluEarth Renewables in relation to the acquisition of four utility-scale solar power plants.
• Corporate reorganization of a publically traded REIT.
• Agrium Inc. in connection with its successful proxy contest with JANA Partners LLC.
• Member, Canadian Bar Association
• Member, Law Society of Alberta
• Member, Calgary Bar Association
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.