Robb McNaughton is a partner in our Securities and Capital Markets Group in Calgary. Robb specializes in M&A and transactional work that includes asset and share purchases, REITs, amalgamations, plans of arrangements, take-over and issuer bids, reverse take-overs, changes of business, related party transactions, dual listings, corporate and limited partnership structuring, share splits, and consolidations.
Robb has advised on more than 60 private placements for private and public corporations, both domestic and international. He has also advised on more than 50 long-form, short-form, capital pool company, shelf, MJDS, bought deal, agency, and underwritten prospectus offerings. Robb is a national leader in public listings, including via capital pool companies and is a member of the TSX Venture Exchange Local Advisory Committee (Alberta).
His expertise encompasses proxy battles, shareholder and board disputes, corporate restructuring and insolvency, corporate governance and disclosure, insider and control person reporting, proxy solicitation, start-ups, sponsorships, registrations, inactive issuer reactivations, suspensions and reinstatements, and shareholder meeting and communication requirements.
In addition to practising law, Robb's professional experience includes working as the Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Operations at a TSX-listed financial services company and as part of the executive management team of a large private company in Japan.
Robb has sat on multiple public and private boards of directors and advisory boards, that include real estate, industrial, mining, oil and gas, blockchain, cannabis and gaming issuers.
Publications & Presentations
• Presenter, Market View of Opportunities in the Emerging E&P Cycle, CGEF (Canadian Global Exploration Forum) Conference at the Global Petroleum Show, June 2018.
• Quoted, REITs get a new route to market, Listed, October 4, 2017.
• Interviewed, Inside Canada's newest capital pool company, Wealth Professional, August 18, 2017.
• Quoted, Trusts enter the world of capital pool companies to offer tax, time and cost advantages, The Financial Post, August 16, 2017.
• Speaker and Conference Organizer of the Ivey Venture Forum
• Panelist, Capital Strategies in a Low Price Envrionment, CGEF (Canadian Global Exploration Forum) Conference at the Global Petroleum Show, Fall 2016.
• Past Director, Ivey Alumni Association
•Member, TSX Venture Exchange Local Advisory Committee?
•Member, Canadian Bar Association
•Member, Law Society of Alberta
•Member, Calgary Bar Association
•Past Director, Ivey Alumni Association
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.