Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog is committed to a work environment that welcomes, nurtures, and honors the contributions of individuals who bring a variety of talents, experiences, and backgrounds to our firm. We believe we work best with clients, judges, juries, other attorneys, and each other when we reflect the richness of our community and world.
At Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog, we understand diversity is a long-term commitment, not a short-term goal. We acknowledge that improving our diversity is an ongoing and ever-evolving process.
The following are some of the ways CSH is working to increase its diversity:
- Our Diversity Committee meets regularly to assess our diversity efforts and create new initiatives. The committee is made up of partners, associates, and staff from our three offices, and includes representatives from the Management Committee, Human Resources, and Recruiting.
- We are committed to recruiting attorneys and staff through minority job fairs and at historically black colleges and universities, and by identifying and participating in other programs in the legal community designed to increase minority hiring.
- Our firm is an outstanding place for women to practice law. Our female attorneys constitute 30% of our partners and 54% of our associates, and women fully participate in all aspects of firm leadership.
- Our training and mentoring is designed to develop and support attorneys and staff and encourage an environment of inclusivity and sensitivity.
- We make work/life balance a priority and recognize that excellence is not compromised by flexibility and innovation.
- Our employees are active and engaged in their communities through volunteer activities, charitable giving, and pro bono projects.
Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog recognizes that our firm’s continued success depends upon our ability to recruit, hire, train, mentor, and retain excellent employees. We strive to recruit and develop diverse talent because we understand that diversity strengthens the quality of the services we provide to our clients. We are dedicated to inclusion in the workplace and strive to make sure the firm is a place where all employees feel welcomed and respected.
Diversity Goals and Initiatives: A Blueprint to the Future
To recruit, hire, train, mentor, and develop attorneys and staff who reflect the richness and diversity of the world we live in and the communities we serve.
To foster a work environment where all individuals are supported and valued.
To increase awareness of, and sensitivity to, the differences in the cultures, backgrounds, and experiences of our employees, clients, and colleagues.
To engage in a coordinated program of civic activism, charitable giving, and pro bono projects that focus on improving and strengthening our community.