- Licensing Rules for Storage of Hazardous Chemicals Under Review
- September 7, 2011
- Law Firm: Troutman Sanders LLP - Atlanta Office
On August 9, the Measures for the Administration of Operating Licenses for Hazardous Chemicals (Revised Draft) were published by State Administration of Work Safety to seek opinions from all sectors of the society and the public-input process is scheduled to conclude on September 15, 2011.
Main changes in revised draft measures:
- The classification of Operating Licenses for Hazardous Chemicals (“License”) into Type A and Type B is cancelled for trading hazardous chemicals. Under former measures, Type A License holder is allowed to trade hypertoxic chemicals and other hazardous chemicals, Type B License holder is allowed to trade hazardous chemicals except for hypertoxic chemicals.
- The storage of hazardous chemicals is now subject to License for Hazardous Chemicals.
- Time line for issuing the License:
- Authority review period: 30 working days after acceptance of the application. It is same as the former one.
- Authority issue the certificate: 10 working days after the date the approval is made. The former regulation does not set a time for issuing the certificate.
- Time line for change of registration (i.e. person in charge, name of enterprise, legal address) has been shortened from 20 days to 10 days upon such change has been approved by relevant authority.
- For the enterprises currently hold a License, they must submit the application documents according to the checklist in Article 10 when the current permit expires.