Licensed to practice law in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, & Washington D.C., Ben Folkman opened Folkman Law Offices, P.C. in October of 1998. Ben is highly accessible to clients and prides himself on working diligently to make sure that each and every one of their needs is met.
Ben is a highly experienced litigator. He has been certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney and by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Board Certified Trial Advocate.
Ben’s $100 million verdict was listed by the NJ Law Journal as the largest personal injury verdict for New Jersey in 2009.
Ben was named, by his peers, New Jersey Super Lawyer for the last ten years running and Top Lawyer in SJ Magazine for the last eight.
HONORS AND AWARDS
Martindale Hubble, AV Rated
Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Super Lawyer, every year, beginning 2007
South Jersey Awesome Attorneys, 2010 – 2016
SJ Magazine Top Attorneys, 2008 – 2016
New Jersey Monthly, Top 100 Attorneys in New Jersey, 2014 – 2016
Presentations & Seminars
- Boardwalk Seminar 2017: Employment Section Co-chair
- Professionalism Day Seminar: The 200 Year History & Future of Ethics in Attorney Marketing, Practical Issues in Law Firm Advertising Ethics, 2016
- Boardwalk Seminar 2016: Employment Section Co-Chair
- Boardwalk Seminar 2016: Ethics Issues in Employment Litigation
- How to Get Your Social Media, E-Mail & Text Evidence Admitted (And Keep Theirs Out), 2015
- Boardwalk Seminar 2015: Hot Ethics Issues in Employment Law
- Boardwalk Seminar 2015: Be Careful If Your Client is a New Business-You May Not be Able to Prove Damages Under New Jersey Law
- Legal Ethics: Top 10 Challenges, Duties to Prospective Clients, 2014
- Boardwalk Seminar 2014: Maintaining An Ethical Practice
- Boardwalk Seminar 2014: Advanced Deposition Boot Camp for Employment Cases
- Boardwalk Seminar 2011: Panel on Conflicts of Interest Issues in Employment Cases
- Speaker, Proving Emotional Distress Damages in New Jersey Law Against Discrimination Cases, Boardwalk Seminar, 2010
- Speaker, A Winning Approach to Discovery in Employment Cases, Boardwalk Seminar, 2009
- Speaker, Products Liability, New Jersey Bar Association Mid-Year Meeting, 1992
- Speaker, Reinsurance, Mock Reinsurance Arbitration, 1990
- Speaker, Legal Malpractice, National Symposium on Legal Malpractice, 1989
- Program Chair of a Legal Malpractice Seminar sponsored by the American Bar Association in San Francisco, California, 1989
- Speaker for the American Bar Association, the New Jersey Bar Association, and the NJ Association for Justice, a continuing legal education programs for other attorneys- Authored papers for the American Bar Association, the New Jersey Bar Association, and the New Jersey Association for Justice at continuing legal education programs for other attorneys
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.