Careful planning is vital for individuals and businesses to protect assets and pass them on as desired. An array of complex legal rules, potential liabilities (including taxes and long-term medical expenses), and even litigation can destroy hard-won financial accomplishments. The Law Offices Of Michael T. Sawyier assists clients throughout Porter, La Porte, and Lake County, Indiana, and Berrien County, Michigan.
Attorney Michael T. Sawyier has 40 years of experience in the practice of law. A graduate of Harvard University, The University of Chicago Law School, and Yale University Law School, he has a combination of broad knowledge, in-depth education, and extensive experience that enhances the value of the legal services he provides. He also holds a Master's Degree in Taxation from The John Marshall Law School, enabling him to prepare and analyze estate and real estate transactions to minimize tax liability and exposure.
Totally Committed To Client Service
The Law Offices Of Michael T. Sawyier provides highly experienced, reasonably priced professional legal services in the following areas of law:
- Asset protection
- Wills, trusts, and estate planning
- Business law
- Real estate
- Tax law and planning
We develop customized legal plans for our clients consistent with the firm's motto, “Totally Committed To Client Service.
Our transactional practice
We assist clients in a broad range of transactional matters, including:
- Crafting asset protection, estate, and business succession plans tailored to each client's particular financial and legal needs, regardless of the size of the estate
- Saving income, employment, transfer, and property taxes
- Developing eldercare plans for you and your family members
- Establishing and administering trusts, wills, probate proceedings, and guardianships
- Handling all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions
- Creating, buying, operating, and selling businesses (including mergers and acquisitions)
Contact an estate planning and real estate law firm you can depend on.
Specific Areas of Practice for our Chesterton office:
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.