- 4.9/5.0 (1 review)
- Mike Rankin - A lawyer and former: a. general counsel, state and national BMV/DMV board mbr. www.aamva.org , b. Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Board Chairman-12 yrs. with www.morpc.org , c. Lucas County asst. prosecutor, d. special Columbus City Prosecutor; e. Consultant to the motor vehicle regulatory community & to The Gemalto Company since 2015, and now f. Associate with Doucet & Associates.
A proven record of leading complex -mission critical Public Safety, Transportation and Customer Service Organizations to Excellence. Lecturing statewide on autonomous/self-driving vehicle technology. Proficient in Microsoft Office. As Ohio BMV leader, responsible for 2800 staff at some 250 Ohio BMV offices & $1.2 bil. annual revenues . Started in house counsel programs for Seaway Food Town, Inc. and Lucas Co. Sheriff Dept. (LCSD) Sworn Ohio Peace Officer at LCSD since 1981.
- Creating success for clients, employers and their customers. As an experienced leader, business developer, problem solver, planner, consensus builder, former General Counsel, private practitioner at the Bricker & Eckler law firm and trusted advisor. Service on many non-profit boards.
- Leading Complex Entities to #1 in Customer Service: Service under Ohio Governors Ted Strickland (2007-09) and John Kasich (2011-14) as leader and Registrar of the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles or BMV. Left the 2,800 person Bureau in Dec. 2014 after taking the Ohio BMV to a #1 in the nation customer satisfaction rating in 2014. Rating based on data collected from state DMVs; from DMV customer surveys reporting on wait times, service levels, ease of use of online services, call center and overall DMV performance (emphasis added).
- See Washington Post May 16, 2014 national article by Reid Wilson.http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/this-weeks-...
- Achieved better BMV agency performance and results with $23 mil. fewer operating dollars and 150 fewer staff by: empowering staff and customers with better access to information; use of technology; online and self-service tech; & staff training. Sharepoint use as a real time knowledge sharing center; smart budgeting; continuous improvement; and, daily interaction with front line staff & customers. Applying thoughtful leadership to ensure good customer service; performance; transparency, collaboration; inclusiveness and accountability.
- From 2009-2011, Service as the Assistant and #2 to Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, now a Judge on the 10th District Court of Appeals. Part of upgrading voting systems security & integrity.
- Going Where Needed: A practicing business attorney previously representing regional retailers; national shopping center developers; www.aep.com and telecom wireless tower companies. Handling local zoning cases, commercial real estate leasing and litigation. Service as a Chief Deputy Clerk for Franklin County Municipal Court from 2005-07 www.fcmcclerk.com improving court services.
- Former 12 year commission board member and Board Chairman for the Mid - Ohio Regional Planning Commission from 1995-2007. That agency oversees all regional transportation and related regional planning. MORPC secures several hundred million $ annually and decides what road projects receive federal dollars.
- Service on numerous non-profit boards and a 14 year Columbus, Ohio Noon Club Rotarian. Current board member. See www.columbusrotary.org . Also 7 yr. board member of the former Lucas Co. Substance Abuse Services Agency & substance abuse treatment jail counselor. On Lucas Co. Sheriff’s planning team for the Nov. 2018 two day seminar on “Opioid Abuse Reduction Training & Strategies that Work”. Member of: AARP, AAMVA, CBA, NSA and IACP.
Mike’s advice for all: “…is to treat people the way you would want to be treated.”
References: John Tharp, Lucas County Sheriff, Toledo, Ohio - Ph. 419.213.4900.
Tom Charles, past supervisor at and now retired Ohio Public Safety Director; ret. Lt. Col. Ohio State Hwy. Patrol (OSP) and former Ohio Inspector General Ph. 614.623.2751.The Hon. Jennifer Brunner, Appellate Judge and former Ohio Sec. of State, Ph. 614.525.3614.
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.