- ITC Institutes Investigation (337-TA-691) Regarding Certain Inkjet Ink Supplies
- October 30, 2009 | Author: Eric W. Schweibenz
- Law Firm: Oblon, Spivak, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt, L.L.P. - Alexandria Office
On October 23, 2009, the U.S. International Trade Commission issued a press release announcing that it voted to institute an investigation of Certain Inkjet Ink Supplies and Components Thereof (Inv. No. 337-TA-691).
According to the Notice of Investigation, the investigation is based on a September 23, 2009 complaint and October 7, 2009 letter supplementing the complaint filed by Hewlett-Packard Co. ("HP") of Palo Alto, California. The complaint alleges violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S., the sale for importation, and the sale within the U.S. after importation of certain inkjet ink supplies and components thereof, which allegedly infringe HP's U.S. Patent Nos. 6,959,985; 7,104,630; 6,089,687; and 6,264,301. See our September 24 post for more details.
Further, according to the Notice of Investigation, the Commission has identified the following as respondents in this investigation:
- Zhuhai Gree Magneto-Electric Co., Ltd. of China
- InkPlusToner.com of Canoga Park, California
- Mipo International Ltd. of Hong Kong
- Mextec Group Inc. d/b/a Mipo America Ltd. of Miami, Florida
- Shanghai Angel Printer Supplies Co. Ltd. of China
- SmartOne Services LLC d/b/a InkForSale.net of Hayward, California
- Shenzhen Print Media Co., Ltd. of China
- Comptree Ink d/b/a Meritline, ABCInk, EZ of City of Industry, California
- Zhuhai National Resources & Jingjie Imaging Products Co., Ltd. of China
- Tatrix International of China
- Ourway Image Co., Ltd. of China
Additionally, Benjamin Levi of the Office of Unfair Import Investigations is the Investigative Attorney assigned to handle this investigation.