- PennDOT Shortlists Four Teams for its Rapid Bridge Replacement P3 Project
- April 28, 2014
- Law Firm: Babst Calland - Pittsburgh Office
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (“PennDOT”) has announced that based upon responses to PennDOT’s request for qualifications for its Rapid Bridge Replacement Project, a public-private partnership involving the construction of more than 500 bridges, it will invite four teams to submit proposals for the project. Those four teams are:
- Plenary Walsh Keystone Partners: Plenary Group, The Walsh Group, Granite Construction Company, HDR Engineering, HNTB Corporation and Infrastructure Corporation of America
- Keystone Bridge Partners: InfraRed Capital Partners, Kiewit, Parsons, The Allan A. Myers family of companies, DBi and American Infrastructure;
- Commonwealth Bridge Partners: John Laing Investments, Fluor, American Bridge Company, Traylor Bros. Inc., Joseph B. Fay Co., STV Incorporated and Infrastructure and Industrial Constructors;
- Pennsylvania Crossings: Meridiam, Lane Construction, AECOM, Trumbull, Wagman Companies and Cofiroute.
PennDOT expects to release the final project details and requirements to the four teams this summer and select a preferred proposal this fall. Construction is anticipated to begin in the summer of 2015.
According to PennDOT, the selected team will manage the design, construction and maintenance for at least 500 bridges throughout the Commonwealth for yet-to-be determined number of years under one contract. The team will be responsible for financing the effort and PennDOT will make payments based on the team’s adherence to the terms of the contract.