- Payment by Installments for Changing Permitted Use of Land in Moscow Possible
- August 13, 2015 | Author: Elena Stepanova
- Law Firm: Capital Legal Services - Moscow Office
- Currently, changing the permitted use of privately owned land to another permitted use allowing construction and/or reconstruction of the capital facilities is performed in Moscow on a paid basis according to the general rule.
Resolution No.69-PP of the Moscow Government dated February 24, 2015 amended the previously established procedure for determining the fee for changing the permitted use for land parcels in Moscow for the purposes of improving it.
According to the new procedure, the landowner can apply for the opportunity to pay in installments for changing the permitted use of such land to a permitted use allowing construction and/or reconstruction of capital facilities.
Payment in installments is provided:
- For 1 year if the amount of payment does not exceed 100 million Rubles;
- For 3 years if the amount of payment is from 100 to 500 million Rubles;
- For 6 years if the amount exceeds 500 million Rubles.
Payment in installments for changing the permitted use of the land parcel can be provided for a period not exceeding the timeframes for construction and/or reconstruction of the capital facility.
In the event the landowner falls behind in payments for changing the permitted use of such land parcel in the amount subject to payment for two consecutive payment periods, the resolution on changing the permitted use will be cancelled, and the previous permitted use shall be reestablished.