- Attorneys Brian Tokarz and Matthew Fisher to Present to the National Business Institute on Construction Defect Insurance Coverage Issues
- December 7, 2016 | Authors: Matthew V. Fisher; Brian C. Tokarz
- Law Firm: Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols S.C. - Milwaukee Office
Join attorneys Brian Tokarz and Matthew Fisher for the National Business Institute’s video webcast on Monday, December 19, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. CST. The webcast, "Construction Defect Insurance Coverage Issues Demystified” will help all interested attorneys, insurance professionals, construction professionals, architects, engineers and paralegals navigate construction defect insurance coverage issues.
Program Overview (provided by the National Business Institute):
Construction defect insurance coverage claims can frustrate even the most seasoned legal practitioners. That’s why it is essential to have an up-to-date understanding of the core insurance coverage legal debates before you dive headlong into the ins and outs of business risk exclusions, policy triggers, occurrence trends and more.
- Analyze critical aspects of commercial general liability (CGL) insurance policies to ensure your interpretations are correct.
- Take an in-depth look at business risk exclusions in CGL policies and determine whether they cover construction defects.
- Navigate the occurrence minefield by obtaining the latest information on how courts are interpreting policy language.
- Find out how insurers are removing subcontractor exceptions and other policy elements in response to broadening occurrence coverage trends.
- Differentiate between construction defect insurance policy triggers and get the latest information on their practical applications.
- Understand the critical areas in which construction contract indemnity provisions overlap with CGL policies.
- The Anatomy of a CGL Policy: Ensuring Correct Interpretations
- Proving a Defect is an Occurrence: Navigating Divergent Interpretations
- Insurer Responses to Broadening Occurrence Coverage Trends
- Policy Trigger Issues: When did the Defect Occur? (Brian C. Tokarz & Matthew V. Fisher)
- Business Risk Exclusions in CGL Policies: Do They Cover Defects? (Brian C. Tokarz)
- Indemnification Provisions and Their Interplay with Insurance Policies
- Ethical Considerations
Please visit nbi-sems.com for more information. Participants are approved for 7.0 hours of CLE credit by the Board of Bar Examiners, including 1.0 hour of ethics and professional responsibility (EPR) credit.
Brian Tokarz and Matt Fisher dedicate a substantial portion of their practices to insurance coverage disputes and construction defect litigation. For more information please contact Brian at [email protected], Matt at [email protected] or call (414) 273-1300.