CURRENT SCOPE OF PRACTICE
Brett Payne is a trial attorney who represents clients in matters involving personal injury defense, contract and business disputes, construction defects, transportation, products liability, premises liability, and insurance disputes.
Brett has tried cases to a Jury in Travis, Williamson, Bell, Lee, Harris, Coryell, Hays, Collin, Cooke, Denton, Dallas, Grayson, Hunt, Kaufman, Lamar, Montague, Tarrant, and Wise Counties of Texas.
He is currently handling litigation in Travis, Williamson, Hays, Bell, Coryell, Burnet, Kerr, Brazos, Bexar, Lampasas, Caldwell, Bastrop, McLennan, Burleson, Lee, and Erath Counties of Texas.
Each case tried to a Jury over the past five years has resulted in “zero” damage verdict or verdict significantly below settlement authority.
CURRENT LITIGATION MATTERS
• Currently defending national retailer throughout North and Central Texas in premises, pharmaceutical and security cases.
• Currently defending international manufacturing business in wrongful death and person injury litigation.
• Currently defending both local businesses and individuals throughout North and Central Texas in premises litigation.
• Defending individuals and national insurance companies in litigation involving serious personal injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents.
• Defending national manufacturer in products liability litigation.
• Defending regional business in dram shop litigation.
• Defending national real estate business in matters involving wrongful foreclosure and conversion of property,
RECENT LITIGATION ACCOMPISHMENTS
• Successfully tried wrongful death case arising from hit and run accident with allegations of intoxication, resulting in complete defense verdict.
• Successfully tried premises liability case involving three - level back fusion, resulting in complete defense verdict.
• Obtained Summary Judgment for Defendant business dram shop litigation.
• Prosecuted million dollar fire loss subrogation case on behalf of national insurance company and real estate firm arising out of complete destruction of apartment building.
• Obtained Summary Judgment in favor of premises owner in significant injury case involving shattered leg resulting from twelve foot fall.
• Favorably resolved litigation between stockholders of local restaurant business regarding ownership interest in the company.
• Favorably resolved litigation between adjoining property owners regarding water rights and boundary dispute.
• Admitted, Texas, 1994
• State Bar of Texas
• U.S. District Courts – Texas
o Eastern District
o Western District • Austin Bar Association
• Austin Claims Association
• Selected for inclusion in Texas Rising Stars by Texas Monthly Magazine (2004-2005)
. Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers by Texas Monthly Magazine 2013
(Also at Dallas Office)