Mr. Pope is a veteran attorney with 28 years of experience. His specialty is helping clients resolve disputes to their satisfaction quickly and at a reasonable price. Mr. Pope is Board Certified in both Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization; and has an AV rating from Martindale Hubble, which is the highest rating bestowed upon attorneys, when he was evaluated for his legal abilities and compliance with ethical standards. Mr. Pope has also been named a Texas Super Lawyer for each of the last six years.
Mr. Pope has extensive experience in representing companies who have been sued in both personal injury and business disputes. He has served as counsel for numerous companies involved in the amusement and leisure industry for the last 28 years and was recently elected President of the International Amusement and Leisure Defense Association.
He has worked with numerous clients and their insurance carriers in professional liability cases and has represented architects and engineers in both personal injury and construction defect cases.
In addition to being an experienced attorney, Mr. Pope is also a qualified mediator and has mediated over 100 cases. He is currently performing mediations in Rockwall and Dallas Counties.
Mr. Pope has experience in handling:
• Amusement Park/Recreational Activity litigation
• Suits involving the Hospitality industry
• Liability suits (Premises, Professional, Products, Trucking/Motor Vehicle)
• Construction litigation
• Breach of Contract Claims/Business litigation
• Declaratory Judgments/ Injunctive Relief/ Bad Faith suits
• Employment law claims/ADA Compliance
• Serving as a Mediator
• Certification: Board Certified in both Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
• Named as a Texas Super Lawyer in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
AV Rated by Martindale-Hubble.
• Bar Involvement: Member State Bar of Texas: Litigation Section; Dallas Bar Association, Tarrant County Bar Association; Former Director of Rockwall County Bar Association.
• Mediator Training: Completed American Academy of Attorney-Mediator Course in 1999. Fully qualified as a mediator as required by §154 of Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code.
• Courts Admitted: Besides being a member of the State Bar of Texas, Mr. Pope has been admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas; United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas; United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; United States District Court for the Western District of Texas; United States Court of Appeals (Fifth Circuit); and the United States Supreme Court.
• Honorary Affiliation: Former Associate member of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
• Industry Recognition: 2011 - Presented with the Al Kish ATTAWAY! Award by the Roller Skating Association for exemplary and innovative accomplishments in the industry.
Speeches and Presentations:
• January 1999, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2010 - Spoke at the AIMS (Amusement Industry Manufacturers & Suppliers) Safety Seminar on Depositions, Documents and Forms and participated in a mock trial.
• September 2001, March 2002, June 2003, June 2006 - Presentation to the Architect/Engineer Liability and Practice in Texas Seminar on Professional Liability: A Primer for Design Professionals.
• October 2001 - Presentation on Construction Management Design Build in Texas.
• May 2002, May 2003 - Spoke at the Roller Skating Association National Convention on the RSA Risk Management Program regarding Premises Liability at Roller Skating Rinks and participated in a mock trial in 2003. Also spoke at several Section 5 RSA Meetings.
• November 2006, 2007 - Spoke at the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions on emerging industry issues.
• November 2007 - Spoke at the World Water Park Association on Emergency Response Plans and liability issues surrounding the use of Automated External Defibrillators.
• April 2010 - Spoke at the Home Builders Association of Greater Dallas on Negligent Security Cases Against Homebuilders.
• October 2010 - Spoke at World Water Park Association on issues presented to employers by Social Networking sites.
• January 2011 and 2012 - Spoke at the Jeff Ellis National Aquatic Safety School on social networking issues (Face to Face with your Employees - Facebook and Beyond); and also presented a course on Depositions and Document Preparation.
• January 2011 and 2012 - Spoke at the Six Flags Safety and Security Counter-Part Meeting on various industry issues.
• June 2011 - Spoke at BPAA Bowl Expo on risk management issues facing bowling centers.
(Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Law, Texas Board Of Legal Specialization)