Often included among the best criminal defense attorneys in Texas, Attorney Chris Lewis provides clients with aggressive, effective, and seasoned criminal defense. In short, he gets results and gets them often. As a result, he has received the respect of judges, clients, and fellow lawyers for his ethics and excellent practice.
One of the reasons he has achieved so many acquittals and dismissals for his clients is his incredible amount of experience: Chris has tried over 250 jury trials. He is widely considered a “top-flight criminal defense lawyer” due to his skill, integrity, and record of results.
Chris’ penchant for high achievement showed itself in college, where he graduated magna cum laude from Evangel University. He earned a bachelor’s degree with a double major in government and psychology, building a foundation for his understanding of human nature and its place within systems of law.
In college, Chris was a four-year letterman in football. He was an All-Conference selection during his senior year and an Academic All-American during his final two years of undergrad. He is also a former sports agent and a contract advisor (certified by the NFL) and a certified sports agent by the State of Texas. He earned his Juris Doctorate from Baylor University, concentrating in criminal law.
Chris then became an assistant district attorney for Harris County, Williamson County, and Dallas County. From here, he transitioned into civil litigation by working for one of the premier civil trial firms in the state. At the same time, his skills in criminal law remained sharp, as he routinely defended clients in misdemeanor and felony cases in Dallas and throughout Texas. His work as a civil litigator and a prosecutor gave him a keen understanding of trial law.
Work with an Attorney Who Cares About Your Case
For over ten years, Chris has devoted his practice to defending people from unwarranted or unjustified charges. He understands that when he is being called, the person on the other end is going through the toughest battle of his or her life. That’s why he seeks to give them peace through his skill, experience, and aggressive representation. When clients work with Chris, they know they are in good hands.
Chris has a singular passion: fighting for the underdog, and in criminal law, it is almost always the accused. His goal as a criminal defense attorney is to respond with a fair, honest case against every accusation brought against his clients. Chris is familiar with local, state, and federal courts, and no case is too high-stakes for his practice. From DWI to murder and other capital offenses, our defense attorney has the skill to uphold his clients’ rights.
Honors and Awards
• “AV Preeminent” Rating by Martindale Hubbell (highest possible rating for legal skill and ethics)
• AVVO Superb Rating: 10.0/10.0
• “Top Rated Lawyer,” Criminal Defense, ALM, 2012, 2013
• “Best Lawyers in America,” Criminal Defense: General Practice; Criminal Defense: White-Collar; and DUI/DWI Defense, 2019
• “Texas Super Lawyer,” Criminal Defense, Texas Monthly, 2013-2017
• The Million Dollar Advocates Forum
• The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
• The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
• “Top Attorneys,” Criminal Defense, Fort Worth, Texas Magazine, 2009, 2010
• “Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40,” Criminal Defense, D Magazine, 2004, 2006
• “Best Lawyers in Dallas,” Criminal Defense, D Magazine, 2009-2016
• “Rising Star,” Criminal Defense, Texas Monthly, 2005, 2008-2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
• State Bar of Texas
• American Bar Association
• American Association for Justice
• Federal Bar Association
• Baylor Law Alumni Association, Lifetime Member
• Texas Trial Lawyers’ Association
• Dallas Trial Lawyers’ Association
• National College of DUI Attorneys
• National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
• Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers’ Association
• Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers’ Association
• Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers’ Association
• Dallas Bar Association
- Trial Skills Section, Co-Chair
- Public Forum Committee, Member
- Criminal Justice Committee, Member
• Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation
- Life Fellow
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Board of Directors, 2004 – 2006
- Member, Criminal Justice Committee
- Co-Chair, Freedom Run Committee
- Co-Chair, Ties That Bind Committee
- DAYL Leadership Class