Galyn Gafford is a Special Counsel in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Dallas office.
Areas of Practice
Galyn focuses his practice on patent, copyright and trademark litigation matters. He represents clients as both plaintiff and defendants in patent infringement actions throughout the United States, including numerous in the Eastern District of Texas. Throughout his career, Galyn has represented some of the largest corporations in the world, including major financial institutions and medical device manufacturers.
As a mechanical engineer and registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Galyn also practices in domestic and international patent prosecution. He is experienced in patent opinions, licensing agreements, and analysis of intellectual property aspects for corporate transactions and business.
• Represented national banks in patent infringement matter related to electronic messaging and storage platforms.
• Represented medical device manufacturer in patent infringement matter involving septal occluder devices.
• Represented national bank in a patent infringement matter relating to electronic and remote telephone payment methods.
• Represented medical device manufacturer in asserting patent and trade secret infringement claims against various competitors.
• Represented building products manufacturer in patent infringement litigation involving sound-attenuating gypsum wallboard.
• Represented capital investment firm in copyright litigation involving electronic newsletters.
• Represented national bank in multi-defendant patent infringement matter relating to interactive media and content on websites.
• Represented medical device manufacturer in obtaining domestic and foreign patents and trademarks.
• Represented national bank in multi-defendant patent litigation concerning the compression and decompression of financial market data.
• Represented manufacturer of electronic safes in patent litigation.
• Prosecuted patent applications for medical device manufacturer.
• Prosecuted patent applications for building products manufacturer.
• Prosecuted patent applications for electronic safe manufacturer.
• Represented national bank in patent infringement case concerning transaction authentication and the SSL security protocol.
• Represented national bank in a multi-defendant patent infringement suit relating to data encryption and key management.
• Represented two national banks in a multi-defendant patent infringement suit relating to electronic financial payments via the Automated Clearing House (ACH).
• Represented cosmetics manufacturer in a patent infringement action involving chemical compositions of cosmetic products.
• Represented national bank in multi-defendant patent infringement lawsuit relating to electronic financial record archival and retrieval.
• Represented an importer in a copyright action involving hand-painted consumer goods.
• Member, State Bar of Texas
• Member, Dallas Bar Association
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.