CURRENT SCOPE OF PRACTICE
Matt Montgomery is a trial lawyer who represents clients across the State of Texas in a wide range of litigation matters. He handles many areas of litigation including personal injury and tort defense, wrongful death, transportation and automobile related litigation, product liability, construction defect as well as non-subscriber and ERISA claims.
Matt has served as lead trial attorney and successfully tried cases to verdict in the District and County courts of Dallas, Tarrant, Collin, and Denton County.
RECENT LITIGATION ACCOMPISHMENTS
• Obtained no negligence defense Jury verdict in an intersection collision case pending in Denton County.
• Successfully defended wrongful death case by obtaining a dismissal of all claims pending against the client after court grant Defendant’s Special Appearance.
• Obtained defense Jury verdict in rear end collision case pending in Dallas County when the Jury found the Plaintiff 100% responsible for the accident.
• Received no negligence defense Jury verdict in an intersection collision case pending in Dallas County.
• Obtained no negligence defense Jury verdict in rear end collision case pending in Collin County.
• Admitted, Texas, 2003
• State Bar of Texas
• U.S. District Courts – Texas
o Northern District
o Eastern District
• Dallas Bar Association
• Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
HONORS AND AWARDS
• In 2006 and 2010, Matt was selected for inclusion in Texas Rising Stars by Texas Monthly Magazine. This is an honor bestowed on only 2.5% of Texas attorneys under the age of 40
• Board of Directors, Dallas First Presbyterian Church Developmental Day School
• St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church
• Knights of Columbus Council 799