A native Texan, Paul Tipton is a lawyer with over 30 years of experience in civil litigation. He has been lead counsel in hundreds of cases representing publically held companies, small businesses and individuals. Cases have involved business and contract disputes, corporate governance, company control, breaches of fiduciary duty, cases involving engineering issues, and business torts. He has handled litigation involving technical issues related to buildings and equipment including jet engines, construction cranes, aircraft, magnetic resonance imaging equipment and other complex equipment. Paul joined Vincent Lopez Serafino Jenevein in 2011 where his practice includes complex litigation including probate litigation. He is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, its highest rating.
Corporate Litigation and Representation
• U.S. counsel for international telecommunications firm handling and supervising U.S. matters.
• Represented international architecture firm in connection to contract for design of international airport in Africa.
• Successfully represented international architecture firm in litigation in connection with major metropolitan automobile racetrack.
• Successfully represented automobile dealership in litigation in connection with corporate control and fraud.
• Represented major franchisee in connection with negotiation and sale of franchise businesses.
• Co-counsel on team successfully defending crane company in connection with explosion and fire in oil and chemical refinery.
• Represented operator of jet aircraft fleet in dispute involving quality of jet engine overhauls and performance of jet aircraft after overhaul.
• Represented dealer of magnetic resonance imaging equipment in connection with sale, removal and installation of equipment.
• Represented aircraft owners in connection with aircraft repairs.
• On legal team representing engineering firm in litigation involving design and construction of containership dock.
• Successfully represented former spouse seeking assets undivided on divorce, resulting in jury verdict and judgment of cash award and oil and gas interests valued at approximately one million dollars.
• Successfully represented heir in undue influence litigation involving large cash payment to heir by deceased prior to death.
• Has handled hundreds of routine probate matters.
• Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell (its highest rating)
• Prior to joining Vincent Lopez, Mr. Tipton was managing partner of Tipton Jones from 2005 until 2010, and previously of Tipton Associates.
Recent Speeches & Publications
• Intake, Planning and Starting Work" presented to the State Bar of Texas Law Office Management Institute.
• Overview of Business Entities" presented at the State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting in Dallas Texas to the Legal Assistants Division of the State Bar of Texas' Certified Legal Assistant Exam Review Semina