After law school, Mr. Corpuz practiced for eleven years in insurance defense, handling medical malpractice cases, wrongful death cases, and employment law litigation. Mr. Corpuz is a frequent writer and speaker on employment-related topics.
Mr. Corpuz was born in Manila, Philippines. He is an avid golfer, a huge Dallas Mavericks fan, a coach to his son’s soccer and baseball teams, and plays the piano in his spare time.
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
•Literacy Instruction for Texas (LIFT), volunteer adult literacy teacher (1994-2000)
•North Texas Committee for Culture and the Arts, former Secretary to Board of Directors
•Saint Rita’s Catholic Church in Dallas, Texas, Pianist for Contemporary Choir (1990-2003)
•Susan G. Komen for the Cure
• Evaluating Disabilities and Accommodation under ADAAA, Dallas Bar Association’s Headnotes, pg. 5 (December 2012) [Co-Author]
• Employment Litigation - Claims, Defenses and Practical Tips, University of Houston Law Foundation (February 2008) [Author]
• Defending with Fewer Arrows in Their Quiver: Whether the FDIC and RTC Owe Duties to Officers and Directors of Failed Banks, Tort and Insurance Practice Section Newsletter (Winter 1993) [Author]
Speeches and Presentations
• Retaliation Update, The Texas Six-Step, a CLE Day for Corporate Counsel (September 2009) [Author]
• Old Frustrations and New Challenges: Handling Tricky Leave and Accommodation Issues under the ADA and FMLA, Texas Employment Law and HR Forum (April 2009) [Author]
• How to be a Successful Summer Associate and/or First Year Associate, Dallas Asian American Bar Association Career Night (September 2007) [Author]
• Why Arbitrate/Mediate? The Critical Factors in Choosing ADR for Employers, Texas Minority Counsel Program (September 2007) [Author]
• Are You Thy Brother's Keeper: The Evolving Law of Negligent Hiring and Negligent Retention, Lorman Education Services Seminar - Hiring Issues in Texas (June 2001) [Author]
In the News
August 15, 2018
Jackson Lewis Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2019
WHITE PLAINS, NY (August 15, 2018) Jackson Lewis P.C., one of the country’s preeminent workplace law firms, is pleased to announce more than 200 attorneys throughout the firm’s locations have been named to the 2019 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, a publication that has become universally regarded as a definitive guide to legal...
April 30, 2018
Jackson Lewis Publishes Q1 Diversity and Inclusion Committee Newsletter 2018
Please enjoy our Diversity and Inclusion Committee Newsletter for the first quarter of 2018. A best practice of our firm, it includes personal, diversity-focused messages from our Diversity Committee Chair and Diversity Committee Manager, and highlights diverse attorney promotions, diversity-related activities, sponsorships and events...
December 1, 2017
Jackson Lewis Publishes Q3 Diversity and Inclusion Committee Newsletter
Please enjoy our Diversity and Inclusion Committee Newsletter for the third quarter of 2017. This edition includes personal, diversity-focused messages from our Chairman, Board of Directors liaison, Diversity and Inclusion Committee Chair and Diversity Committee Manager, and highlights diversity-related achievements, activities,...
Professional Associations and Activities
•Dallas Asian American Bar Association
•Dallas Asian-American Chamber of Commerce
•Dallas Bar Association
•Drake University Law School, Current Board of Counselors
•Texas Minority Counsel Program, previous member of Steering Committee
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.