American, Ohio, Columbus and Dayton Bar Associations
Richard A. Talda has been practicing law for 30 years serving as lead trial counsel in litigation and arbitrations. Rick has personally managed and tried Federal and State Court bench and jury trials, private arbitrations and administrative proceedings before various professional and industry regulatory boards.
Rick also serves as chairman of the Firm’s Litigation Department where he manages client service and professional development of Firm attorneys serving clients in adversarial matters.
- Best Lawyers in America (including Client Distinction Award)
- Martindale-Hubbell Pre-eminent and AV rated
- Ohio Super Lawyer - Business Litigation
- Ohio Super Lawyer - Corporate Counsel
- Dayton Business Journal - Best of the Bar
- Trial Counsel Fellow - LCA
- Florida Arbitration Decision - $8.9 million - Stock Purchase Acquisition Dispute
- Defense Jury Verdict in wrongful discharge/stock redemption case (Plaintiff sought $1.5 million in damages)
- Federal Court Dismissal of Physician Claim re revocation of privileges and dismissal (Plaintiff Physician sought $3 million in damages)
- Multiple cases obtaining injunctive relief (including permanent injunctions) re enforcement of non-compete agreements; trade secret protection; and zoning and real estate issues
Community Leadership Activities
-Dayton Performing Arts Alliance - Board of Trustees
-Dayton Ballet - Former Board of Trustees; General Counsel (2009-2012)
-Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce - Leadership Dayton Class of 2003
Dayton Lawyers Club
-Artemis Center for Alternatives to Domestic Violence — Former Board of Trustees; General Counsel (2007-2011)
2011emis Gala Chairman
-South Dayton Dance Theater — Former General Counsel (2004-2010)
-Centerville United Soccer Association - Youth Soccer Coach; General Counsel
-Boy Scouts of America - Board Chairman Troop 530, Centerville, Ohio
-Culture Works - Annual Campaign Coordinator (2006-2012)
-Dayton Heart Walk - Executive Leadership Counsel (2009)
-Serves as General Counsel to other Not-for-Profit Organizations
-Authored legal interest articles for The Dayton Business Journal, Columbus Business First, The Columbus Daily Reporter, The Columbus Dispatch, as well as Dayton and Columbus Bar Association publications.
Rick Talda has lectured on a wide variety of litigation and business topics, including:
-Plaintiff's Counsel - Dayton Bar Association Mock Trial Program 2009 (featuring "Superstars of the Dayton Bar")
-Complaint to Verdict - Annual presentations to the Dayton Bar Association
-Moderator, 2003, 2004, 2005 Federal Court Practice - Annual Federal Judges and Magistrates Dialogue with the Bar
-Privacy & Cyber liability, Presentation to the Greater Dayton IT Alliance
-Keynote Panelist for the Dayton Bar Association Bench/Bar Retreat
-Protecting Business Trade Secrets, Columbus, Cleveland and Dayton Bar
-Hot Topics in Business Litigation, presented to Columbus and Cleveland Bar.
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.