The firm now known as Lewis, Brackin, Flowers, Johnson & Sawyer was established in 1987 by C.R. Lewis, Steven K. Brackin and D. Taylor Flowers. Prior to that time C. R. Lewis and Steven K. Brackin had been practicing as Lewis & Brackin since 1981. The genesis of the firm goes back to 1899 when Oscar S. Lewis was admitted to practice law in the State of Alabama. In 1916 he moved his law practice to Dothan, Alabama. In 1939 his son, C. R. Lewis practiced law under the name of Lewis & Lewis. C. R. Lewis practiced law until his death in 1989. Taylor Flowers joined the firm as a partner in 1987. Daniel F. Johnson became a partner with the firm in 2000. Holly L. Sawyer joined the firm as an Associate in 2005 and became a partner in 2011. The firm is primarily a civil law practice specializing in insurance and business defense, collections, real estate, probate, banking law and business formations and dissolutions. The firm practices in both Federal and State courts, trial and appellate levels. All attorneys participate in continuing legal education, professional activities and civic affairs.