Allison assists business with all areas of corporate and commercial law. With experience ranging from drafting of organizational documents to representing clients in share and asset acquisitions, Allison can assist clients in various corporate capacities.
Allison has also assisted senior counsel representing the Province of Alberta in a constitutional language challenge at the Supreme Court of Canada.
Corporate Commercial Securities
•Assisted senior counsel with the verification of a business plan proposing specialized loans to be used in financing capital improvement projects for condominium corporations.
•Assisted senior counsel with the purchase and sale of shares of a construction group.
•Assisted senior counsel with the purchase of assets of an oilfield management business.
•Drafted condominium bylaws for a commercial condominium complex.
•Represents health practitioners in the purchase and sale of their practices.
•Represents financial institutions and private lenders with respect to financing agreements.
•Drafts all corporate and organizational documents for businesses including unanimous shareholder agreements, general security agreements, and articles of association and bylaws.
•Assists vendors and purchasers with the transaction of residential and commercial real estate.
•Assisted senior counsel with the drafting and review of bylaws and policies for a municipality.
•Provides independent legal advice on loan agreements.
•Represents clients in drafting and negotiating commercial lease agreements.
•Drafts organizational documents for foundations, associations and societies.
Wills & Estate Planning
•Drafting of estate documents and estate planning.
•Advising testators on all matters of estate planning, including naming appropriate personal representatives, charitable giving and achieving each client's unique objectives.
• The Importance of the Executor , Allison Rudzitis and Mustafa Farooq, McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter, 2017
• Tenancy Rules Eased for Victims of Domestic Violence , The Lawyers Weekly, October 2016
• New Legislation Allows for Domestic Violence Victims to Break Leases Early , McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2016
• Damage Provisions in Construction Contracts , Construction Business Magazine, May/June 2016
• CMHC Increases Down Payment Requirements for Insured Mortgages , McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2016
Professional Associations, Affiliations and Community Activities
•Member, Canadian Bar Association
•Business Law Section
•Member, Edmonton Bar Association
• Associate Member, Commercial Real Estate Women
•Member, Women's Legal Forum
•Legal Advisor, The Business Link
•Member, McLennan Ross United Way Committee
•International Alumni Ambassador; Queen Mary, University of London