Allison assists her clients with all areas of corporate and commercial law. With experience ranging from negotiating and drafting commercial lease agreements; purchase and sale of commercial, industrial, and agricultural property; organization of new companies; preparation of shareholder agreements; equity and debt financings; and assets and share transactions, Allison is prepared to assist her clients every step of the way.
Allison also had the honour of assisting senior counsel representing the Province of Alberta in a constitutional language challenge at the Supreme Court of Canada.
• “Adult-only condo age restrictions removed in Alberta”, Allison Rudzitis, The Lawyer’s Daily, 2018
• Changes to the Human Rights Act and the Impact on Age-Restricted Condominiums, Allison Rudzitis, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2018
• The Importance of the Executor, Allison Rudzitis and Mustafa Farooq, McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter, 2017
• “What Happens to Real Property Upon Death?”, McLennan Ross Wills & Estates Law Blog, April 2017
• Tenancy Rules Eased for Victims of Domestic Violence, The Lawyers Weekly, October 2016
• New Legislation Allows for Domestic Violence Victims to Break Leases Early, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2016
• Damage Provisions in Construction Contracts, Construction Business Magazine, May/June 2016
• CMHC Increases Down Payment Requirements for Insured Mortgages, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2016
Corporate Commercial Securities
•Negotiating, drafting, and finalizing commercial lease agreements
•Development, purchase and sale of condominium, commercial, industrial, and agricultural property
•Acts for lenders and borrowers in equity and debt financings
•Negotiating and drafting all matter of commercial agreements
•Asset purchase and sale transactions
•Share purchase and sale transactions
•Provides advice and guidance for all stages of the corporate lifecycle including incorporation, shareholder agreements, corporate restructuring, etc.
•Acts for foundations, associations, and societies
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS, AFFILIATIONS AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
•Member, Canadian Bar Association
•Business Law, Commercial Property & Leasing, and Competition Law Sections
•Member, Edmonton Bar Association
•Associate Member, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Edmonton
•Member, Women's Legal Forum
•Member, Young AGC Edmonton (Association for Corporate Growth)
•Legal Advisor, The Business Link
•Campaign Chair and Member, McLennan Ross United Way Committee
•International Alumni Ambassador; Queen Mary, University of London
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.