Bryan has appeared before all levels of court in Alberta as well as the Federal Court of Canada and the Federal Court of Appeal. He has also appeared as lead counsel before the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada and ICCRC.
Bryan works closely with employers and individuals to identify immigration issues and options to help people enter and stay in Canada.
His work includes:
•Developing labour strategies where temporary foreign workers are involved.
•The hiring and retention of temporary foreign workers.
•The preparation of applications for both temporary and permanent status including family class sponsorships, work permits and Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIAs), Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP), Express Entry, North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and various other exemptions and waivers.
•Representing clients in appeals and judicial review hearings in front of the Immigration Division, Immigration Appeal Division and the Federal Court of Canada.
Bryan is regularly asked to speak to organizations regarding immigration issues and currently leads the McLennan Ross business immigration practice.
In his litigation practice, Bryan has appeared as lead counsel at all levels of court in Alberta as well as in the Federal Court of Canada and the Federal Court of Appeal. He represents a large cross-section of businesses including construction companies, retailers, charities, medical clinics and pharmacies, manufacturers, restaurants, banks and educational institutions with respect to various commercial litigation and construction law issues.
•Speaker, 2017 CBA National Immigration Conference
• Construction 101 , Edmonton Construction Association
• 2015 Labour & Employment Year in Review Seminar , McLennan Ross
• Immigration Law for Family Lawyers , Legal Education Society of Alberta
• Builders’ Liens”, Legal Education Society of Alberta
• 2014 Labour & Employment Year in Review Seminar , McLennan Ross
•“Employing Temporary Foreign Workers”, McLennan Ross
•“Builders’ Lien Issues”, Credit Institute of Canada National Credit Conference
•“Competition Act Issues for Credit Managers”, Credit Institute of Canada Calgary Chapter
• Express Entry Spring 2017 Changes , Bryan Kwan and Marie-Pier Leduc, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2017
• US Travel Ban: Should You Cancel Your Field Trip or Conference? , Bryan Kwan and Teresa Haykowsky, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2017
• Immigration Developments from the Fall Economic Statement , Bryan Kwan and Mustafa Farooq, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert, 2016
• A Guide to Arbitration Clauses , Kathleen Garbutt and Bryan Kwan, McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter, 2015
• Builders' Lien Reference Guide , Legal Education Society of Alberta, 2014
• Landmark Safety Conviction , Construction Business Magazine, 2014
Professional Associations, Affiliations and Community Activities:
•Junior Achievement Advisory Council
•Past Chair, Canadian Bar Association (Alberta), Immigration Section
•Director, Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.