Joel appears on matters in both the Provincial Court of Alberta and Alberta Court of Queen’s bench, and has assisted on matters heard at the Alberta Court of Appeal.
• “Dementia and Alzheimer’s Not Necessarily a Barrier to Drafting a Valid Will” Joel Franz, McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter, 2018
• Insurance & Risk Management Trends & Updates, McLennan Ross Seminar, 2018
• Who Gets the Farm? Joel Franz, McLennan Ross Wills & Estates Law Blog, 2018
• Crime and Punishment - Punitive Damages Allowed Despite Criminal Sanctions, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert
• Leave to Appeal Dismissed in Important Summary Judgment Decision, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert
• Court Reaffirms The CCAA’s Broad Purpose, McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter
• Angels and Demons: Dealing with Employee Aggression in the Workplace, James Lingwood and Joel Franz, McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter
• Tackling Family Status Accommodations in the Workplace, Dan Bokenfohr and Joel Franz, McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter
Insurance & Risk Management
•Represents several national and international insurers in a number of different areas, including personal injury, property and product liability claims.
•Represents and advises individuals on issues relating to insurance coverage.
•Experience dealing with claims involving WCB issues.
•Experience negotiating favourable results through alternative dispute resolution.
Wills & Estates
•Assists executors and administrators in obtaining grants of probate or administration.
•Experience in drafting Wills, Personal Directives and Powers of Attorney.
•Experience in various estate litigation issues, including interpretation of testamentary documentation and unjust enrichment claims.
•Represents individuals and companies in a wide variety of matters, including contract claims, construction claims, negligence, and collections, in both the Provincial Court and Court of Queen’s Bench.
•Represents parties in residential tenancy disputes, including hearings at the Residential Tenancy Dispute Board.
•Represents individuals and corporations in debt collection actions.
Professional Associations, Affiliations and Community Activities:
•Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel
•Former Volunteer, Student Legal Services
•Former Volunteer, Pro-bono Students Canada
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.