Joel appears on matters in both the Provincial Court of Alberta and Alberta Court of Queen’s bench, and has assisted on matters heard at the Alberta Court of Appeal.
• “Dementia and Alzheimer’s Not Necessarily a Barrier to Drafting a Valid Will” Joel Franz, McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter, 2018
• Insurance & Risk Management Trends & Updates, McLennan Ross Seminar, 2018
• Who Gets the Farm? Joel Franz, McLennan Ross Wills & Estates Law Blog, 2018
• Crime and Punishment - Punitive Damages Allowed Despite Criminal Sanctions, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert
• Leave to Appeal Dismissed in Important Summary Judgment Decision, McLennan Ross E-Mail Alert
• Court Reaffirms The CCAA’s Broad Purpose, McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter
• Angels and Demons: Dealing with Employee Aggression in the Workplace, James Lingwood and Joel Franz, McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter
• Tackling Family Status Accommodations in the Workplace, Dan Bokenfohr and Joel Franz, McLennan Ross Legal Counsel Newsletter
Insurance & Risk Management
Joel represents insurers and individuals on a wide range of insurance and risk management issues.
•Has experience defending claims arising from Auto, CGL, and E&O polices.
•Represents and advises insurers on insurance coverage issues.
•Experience dealing with claims involving WCB issues.
•Has experience defending claims arising from personal injury actions, property losses, copyright infringements, defamation, farm-crop damage and product liability actions.
•Defends insurers on first party claims.
•Represents insurers on subrogated claims.
•Advises and represents individuals on insurance coverage and entitlement matters.
Wills & Estates
•Experience in representing executors and claimants regarding various estate litigation issues, including testamentary capacity, unjust enrichment and executor conduct.
•Represents individuals and companies in a wide variety of matters, including contract claims, construction claims, negligence, and collections, in both the Provincial Court and Court of Queen’s Bench.
•Experience litigating and advising clients on Sale of Goods Act matters.
•Experience representing clients on defamation claims.
•Assists senior counsel on shareholder disputes and oppression claims.
Professional Associations, Affiliations and Community Activities:
•Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel
•Former Volunteer, Student Legal Services
•Former Volunteer, Pro-bono Students Canada
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.