- Florida Department of Education District Performance Evaluation Systems Rule Development Materials
- February 28, 2013
- Law Firm: Colodny Fass Talenfeld Karlinsky Abate Webb P.A. - Fort Lauderdale Office
The Florida Department of Education is making revisions to Rule 6A-5.030 Instructional Personnel and School Administrator Evaluations and Rule 6A-5.0411. Below are the related materials:
New Rule Development
- Draft Rule 6A-5.030 Instructional Personnel and School Administrator Evaluation Systems
- Draft Rule 6A-5.0411 Calculations of Student Learning Growth Using Statewide Assessment Data for Use in School Personnel Evaluations
- The Florida Department of Education welcomes comments regarding the revisions to Rule 6A-5.030 Instructional Personnel and School Administrator Evaluations and/or Rule 6A-5.0411 Calculations of Student Learning Growth Using Statewide Assessment Data for Use in School Personnel Evaluations. Please select [email protected].
- Rule Development Public Workshops for 6A-5.030 and 6A-5.0411
- Information and locations for 6A-5.030
- Information and locations for 6A-5.0411
- Rule Development Presentation
- Rule Development Webinar Recording 2-14-13, 9:00 a.m.
- Transcript: Rule Development Webinar Recording 2-14-13, 9:00 a.m.
- Rule Development Webinar Recording 2-14-13, 4:00 p.m.
- Transcript: Rule Development Webinar Recording 2-14-13, 4:00 p.m.
Information and Resources
The following pages provide access to information and resources to support understanding of the paradigm shift in how evaluation systems are re-developed to support student learning and proficiency development for instructional personnel and school administrators.
Pursuant to Section 1012.34, Florida Statutes, the purpose of district evaluation systems is to increase student learning growth by improving the quality of instructional, administrative, and supervisory services in the public schools of the state. In support of this purpose:
- A performance evaluation must be conducted for each instructional employee and school administrator at least once a year and twice a year for newly hired classroom teachers in their first year of teaching in the district.
- District evaluation systems must be based upon sound educational principles and contemporary research in effective educational practices and must support continuous improvement of effective instruction and student learning growth.
- Evaluation procedures for instructional personnel and school administrators shall be based on the performance of students assigned to their classrooms or schools, as appropriate. Student performance must be measured by the required state assessments as specified in Section 1008.22, Florida Statutes, and local assessments for subjects and grade levels not measured by the state.
- View Overview of Florida's Teacher Evaluation System
The following information and resources are provided in support of district work on development and continuing improvement of evaluation systems:
- Approved District Performance Evaluation Systems
- Florida State Models of Evaluation Systems
- Statutes, State Board of Education Rules and FLDOE Memoranda
- Student Growth
- Resources and Technical Assistance
- New! - View Updated Status of Statewide Results of 2011-12 Evaluation Ratings
- New! - Statewide Comparison of 2011-12 Classroom Teacher Evaluation Results with School Grades and Value-Added Scores
- District Personnel Evaluation Initial Status Report Q&A
- December 5, 2012 Media Conference Call Recording
Dial toll free number and enter Conference ID.
Toll Free (800) 585-8367
Conference ID number: 78363023#
- District Personnel Evaluation System Ruling Q&A