- ITC Institutes Investigation (337-TA-726) Regarding Certain Electronic Imaging Devices
- July 23, 2010 | Author: Eric W. Schweibenz
- Law Firm: Oblon, Spivak, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt, L.L.P. - Alexandria Office
On July 8, 2010, the U.S. International Trade Commission issued a press release announcing that it voted to institute an investigation of Certain Electronic Imaging Devices (Inv. No. 337-TA-726).
The investigation is based on a May 13, 2010 complaint and June 16, 2010 amended complaint filed by FlashPoint Technology, Inc. of Peterborough, New Hampshire alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain electronic imaging devices that infringe U.S. Patent Nos. 6,134,606, 6,163,816, and 6,262,769. See our May 17, 2010 post for more details.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the ITC has identified the following as respondents in this investigation:
- Nokia Corp. of Finland
- Nokia, Inc. of Irving, Texas
- Research In Motion Ltd. of Canada
- Research In Motion Corp. of Irving, Texas
- HTC Corp. of Taiwan
- HTC America, Inc. of Bellevue, Washington
- LG Electronics, Inc. of South Korea
- LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc. of Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. of San Diego, California
Further, Anne M. Goalwin of the Office of Unfair Import Investigations is identified in the Notice of Investigation as the Investigative Attorney assigned to handle this investigation.
Lastly, Chief ALJ Paul J. Luckern issued a notice indicating that he will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this investigation.