- Examples of 2014 DOE Grants, Loan and Financing Programs - Part 1 of 3
- April 7, 2014
- Law Firm: Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky Popeo P.C. - Boston Office
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) supports a wide range of grants, loan and financing programs and also funds transformational and up-and-coming technologies that create innovative ways to source, distribute, and use energy and other natural resources. The DOE provides a useful guide to public assistance through federal grants and loan guarantees and other programs here - http://energy.gov/public-services/funding-financing. Over the next few days, we will be highlighting a partial list of grant options available at the start of 2014.
Today’s highlights include grants for incubators. The Department of Energy is allocating a portion of money toward incubators fostering advancements in the fields of clean energy and renewables in 2014. The following grants for incubators are now open:
1. Building Energy Efficiency Frontiers and Incubator Technologies (BENEFIT) - 2014
- Concept Paper Submission Deadline: 3/6/2014, 5:00PM ET
- Full Application Submission Deadline: 4/21/2014, 5:00PM ET
- Details: This grant has multiple areas of interest including:
- Area of Interest 1: Open Topic for Energy Efficiency Solutions for Residential and Commercial Buildings
- Area of Interest 2: Innovative Sensors & Sensor Systems
- Area of Interest 3: Advanced Energy-Efficient Clothes Dryer
- Area of Interest 4: Highly Insulating Building Envelope Components
- Further Instructions and Documents: https://eere-exchange.energy.gov/#FoaId206d9bfc-57ae-498d-a877-aa882b004110.
2. Bioenergy Technologies Incubator
- Concept Paper Submission Deadline: 3/31/2014 5:00 PM ET
- Full Application Submission Deadline: 5/23/2014 5:00 PM ET
- Details: “The Bioenergy Technologies Incubator will be open to any and all impactful proposals which significantly advance the mission of the Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO). The total amount of funding for this funding opportunity announcement is $10 million.”
- Further Instructions and Documents: https://eere-exchange.energy.gov/Default.aspx?Search=bioenergy%20technologies%20Incubator&SearchType=.
3. Vehicles Technologies Incubator
- Concept Paper Submission Deadline: 2/25/2014 8:00 PM ET
- Full Application Submission Deadline: 4/16/2014 8:00 PM ET
- Details: “The VTO Incubator will focus on areas such as (but not limited to): Energy storage R&D, advanced power electronics and electric motors R&D, advanced combustion engine R&D, materials technology, Fuels and lubricant technologies.”
- Further Instructions and Documents: https://eere-exchange.energy.gov/Default.aspx?Search=vehicles%20technologies%20Incubator&SearchType=.