• As Evidence Mounts In Murder Case, Patriots Player Returns Home
  • June 26, 2013
  • Law Firm: The Law Offices of Lawrence J. Signore - Providence Office
  • The tight end is staying tight lipped about the murder investigation, but sources tell ABC News the evidence against Patriots player Aaron Hernandez is mounting and an arrest is imminent.

    Number 81 returned to his North Attleboro home for the first time Friday afternoon since leaving for his attorney's office in Boston Thursday morning. He had no comment for the media, but ABC News has learned Hernandez was caught on camera the night of the murder, partying with the victim, 27-year-old Odin Lloyd. Hernandez then returns to his home without him, and hours later Lloyd's body was discovered less than a mile away in a North Attleboro Industrial Park, shot execution style.

    Two Massachusetts State Police investigators showed up to the Hernandez home Friday morning, documents in hand. Sources say police have issued another search warrant for the home after learning Hernandez smashed his home surveillance system, shattered his cell phone and had his home scrubbed down the day the body was discovered.

    ABC 6 legal analyst Lawrence Signore says while nothing has been proven, an obstruction of justice charge could be next.

    "It's not looking good for Mr. Hernandez," Signore said. "Forensics can go back and reconstruct that evidence. Sometimes you can go to jail for obstruction of justice without being convicted of the underlying crime."

    There has still been no official word from the Bristol County Attorney's office on how or if the Patriots player is involved with the murder. So far, no arrests have been made.