- Florida Commission on Hurricane Loss Projection Methodology To Consider Risk Management Solutions Model; Flood Standards Development Committee Meets June 30--July 1
- July 6, 2015
- Law Firm: Colodny Fass P.A. - Fort Lauderdale Office
The Florida Commission on Hurricane Loss Projection Methodology ("FCHLPM" or "Commission") begins a two-day meeting in Tallahassee tomorrow, June 30, 2015.
The first portion of the agenda will focus on a review of Risk Management Solutions, Inc.'s North Atlantic Hurricane Models RiskLink 15.0 (Build 1625) to determine its Acceptability under the 2013 FCHLPM Standards.
With the exception of tomorrow's 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. time period, which is closed for a discussion of trade secrets, the two-day meeting is open to the public via teleconference at (888) 670-3525 (US & Canada) or (720) 389-1212 (International) Conference Code 7135858151. A special advance request to participants to ensure their lines are muted has been made by the FCHLPM.
The Commission will also take up general business matters, including the election of Vice Chair, the 2015 FCHLPM Committee and Executive Committee appointments, and a discussion of topics for Executive Committee consideration.
Chaired by Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Chief Operating Officer Jack Nicholson, the Flood Standards Development Committee meeting begins on June 30 at 2:15 p.m. with the following agenda:
- 2:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Discussion of Working Draft Statistical Flood Standards
- 2:30 p.m. - 3 p.m. Discussion of Working Draft Computer Flood Standards
- 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. Discussion of Working Draft Meteorological/Hydrological Flood Standards
- 5 p.m. Audience Comments/Closing Remarks/Adjourn
The next day, July 1, the Flood Standards Development Committee resumes its work on the following topics:
- 9:05 a.m. - 11 a.m. Discussion of Working Draft Vulnerability Flood Standards
- 11 a.m. - 1 a.m. Discussion of Working Draft Actuarial Flood Standards
- 1 p.m. Audience Comments/Closing Remarks/Adjourn
Updated drafts of the proposed Flood Standards to be discussed have been posted in advance of the meeting:
- Draft Statistical Flood Standards 6-8-15
- Draft Vulnerability Flood Standards 6-8-15
- Draft Actuarial Flood Standards 6-19-15
- Draft Computer Flood Standards 6-8-15
The next Flood Standards Development Committee Meeting is scheduled for August 11, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (ET) to continue discussion on the draft Actuarial Flood Standards and address any outstanding issues with the Meteorological/Hydrological and Vulnerability Flood Standards.