- Air Quality Division Releases Strategy for Upper Green River Basin
- June 10, 2015
- Law Firm: Holland Hart LLP - Denver Office
- The Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality released an updated Ozone Strategy for the Upper Green River Basin (UGRB) on April 28, 2015. “We have gone four winters (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015) without an ozone exceedance,” said Todd Parfitt, DEQ Director.
The Ozone Strategy identifies four activities to be accomplished by the end of September 2015:
- WDEQ-AQD will provide an annual status update to EPA on voluntary Ozone Advance efforts.
- A report on the UGRB Winter Ozone Study for January - March 2015 will be completed.
- WDEQ-AQD will review and evaluate impacts for the UGRB from EPA’s recently released implementation rule to guide State Implementation Plans for ozone.
- WDEQ-AQD will review and evaluate the impacts of the EPA memo of January 22, 2015, regarding ozone modeling and transport assessment.
Finally, WDEQ-AQD continues to work on rules targeting reductions from existing upstream and midstream oil and gas emission sources (including flash emissions from tanks, emissions from dehydration units, leaks from pneumatic pumps and pneumatic controllers, and fugitive emissions). Phase I of such rulemaking is expected to be completed in September of 2015.