- 4.9/5.0 2 reviews
For over 40 years Robert L. Jones, III (Bobby) has dedicated his practice to advocating his clients' interests in the courtroom and more recently, at mediations. While primarily defending major corporations, he has assisted Arkansans wronged through the fault of others.
Bobby has had considerable success in the courtroom trying over 300 jury trials, as well as hundreds of nonjury trials and multiple mediations. He is a leader with the use of technology in the courtroom, having started this trial tactic as early as the 1990's. He has defended motor carriers, accountants, physicians, architects, engineers, attorneys, hospitals, airplane and helicopter manufacturers, as well as many Fortune 500 companies. He has defended wrongful death cases, catastrophic injury cases, brain damage cases, oil and gas lawsuits, breach of contract cases, employment cases, environmental cases, toxic tort, fires and explosions, and class action lawsuits. He has also successfully settled over 90% of all cases he has mediated during the past 10 years.
Bobby's efforts on behalf of his clients have not gone unnoticed. In 2010, he was named the Outstanding Lawyer of the Year by the Arkansas Bar Association and Arkansas Bar Foundation. In 2004, he was invited into the most prestigious organization of trial attorneys in America - the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. That association is limited to just 500 lawyers under 70 throughout the United States. That is less than 1/10 of 1% of all the lawyers practicing in America. The meetings that the Academy holds around the country have afforded Bobby a network of trial lawyers of great note that has significantly broadened his ability to select expert witnesses, as well as share up-to-date litigation and trial techniques on the cutting edge. Bobby has been elected to the Academy's Board of Director's 2010-2013.
In 1990 he was inducted as a
into the American College of Trial Lawyers, which is limited to 1% of attorneys throughout America, and similar benefits with his fellow college members exists like that of the International Academy. He was State Chair of this organization in 2003-2004.
Bobby has been included in Best Lawyers in America 2003-2010; Mid-South Super Lawyers 2006-2010; Mid-South Super Lawyers Corporate Edition in the categories of Corporate Civil Litigation, Bet the Company, and Personal Injury 2010.
He is Past President of the Sebastian County Bar Association, Arkansas Bar Association, Arkansas Bar Foundation, Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel, as well as State Chair of the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (2004-2010); 2005 Eight Circuit Judicial Conference Program Committee; Federal Advisory Committee, Arkansas Western District; member, Transportation Lawyers Association; United States Magistrate Selection Committee, Western District of Arkansas (2008-2010); member, Federal Advisory Committee, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit (2006-2009); Co-Program Chair, Eighth Circuit Judicial Conference 2010; member of the American Bar Association; and a member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association.
Bobby grew up in Fort Smith, Arkansas. He comes from a family of lawyers. His father, Robert L. Jones, Jr., was an attorney in Fort Smith. They practiced law together for over 20 years. In fact, Robert L. Jones, Jr., was also President of the Arkansas Bar Association, a Fellow with the American College of Trial Lawyers, and received the Outstanding Lawyer of the Year honor from the Arkansas Bar Association in the 1980's.
Bobby is married to Cheryl Woolbright Jones and has four children: Michelle Kooi, CPA, Fort Collins, Colorado; David P. Jones, Attorney, Fort Collins, Colorado; Ashley Daws, School Teacher, Nashville, Tennessee; and Rachel Cannon, Chef, Nashville, Tennessee.
Memberships & Affiliations:
· International Academy of Trial Lawyers
· American College of Trial Lawyers
· Trial Attorneys of America (TAA)
· Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel
· Defense Research Institute
· W.P. Putman American Inns of Court, Emeritus
· Truck Industry Defense Association
· Transportation Lawyers Association
· Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
· Arkansas Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· Honorary Member of the Commercial Bar Association of England - Combar
· Mid-South Super Lawyers 2004-2011
· Selected as Co-State Chair for Arkansas for the International Academy of Trial Lawyers for 2010
· 2010 - Named "Outstanding Lawyer in Arkansas" by the Arkansas Bar Association
· Arkansas Bar Association President 1994-95
· Arkansas Bar Foundation President 1984-85
· Sebastian County Bar Association President 1975-76
· Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel President 1991-92
· American College of Trial Lawyers State Chair 2003-04
· Best Lawyers in America 2003-2008
· United Way Committee of 21 President 1977
· St. Bartholomew Episcopal Church Vestry Secretary 1971-74
· Federal Advisory Committee, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit 2006-2008
· United Way Board of Directors 2004-2005
· Transportation and Logistics