Joseph J. Whitney concentrates on commercial real estate transactions, including leasing, acquisitions, dispositions, joint venture transactions, financings and land use. Joseph represents both landlords and tenants in commercial, industrial, retail and ground lease transactions. He is often involved in significant, complex lease negotiations, which often involve build-to-suit leases. Joe also represents clients in more routine lease transactions, as well as other ancillary lease issues such as leasehold financings, subordination agreements, lien waivers, exclusive agency agreement and commission agreements.
Joseph represents both sellers and buyers in a broad range of acquisitions and dispositions, including office, industrial, retail, farmland and redevelopment areas. He has also creates commercial condominiums and counsels clients with respect to the New Jersey Condominium Act. Joseph also has significant experience representing both lenders and borrowers in financing transactions secured by real estate.
Joseph’s representative leasing matters include:
• Representation of a prominent developer in connection with leasing of an approximately 300,000 square foot build to suit lease to be utilized as the global headquarters of an international pharmaceutical company.
• Representation of a joint venture between two real estate investor clients in connection with the leasing of a retail store to a national home goods and furnishing retailer in a prominent downtown business district in New Jersey.
• Representation of a landlord in connection with a 170,000 square foot office lease in a multi-tenanted class A office building.
Purchase and Sale Engagements
• Representation of a joint venture in connection with the acquisition of two commercial properties in Morristown, New Jersey.
• Representation of a purchaser in connection with the sale and leaseback of a global headquarters of a Fortune 500 company.
Miron M. Walley Memorial Prize Recipient, Rutgers University School of Law – Newark
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
Real Estate Committee of the Morris County Bar AssociationUnited Way Commercial Real Estate Network Legacy Luncheon, Planning/Steering Committee
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.