Sands Anderson began as a small Richmond office and is now one of Virginia's largest law firms with 68 attorneys and five offices. Headquartered in Richmond, the firm's regional offices are located in Christiansburg, Fredericksburg and McLean, Virginia, and Raleigh, North Carolina. These office locations allow Sands Anderson to provide a broad range of services to clients in those regions.
Sands Anderson PC traces its history back to the mid-1800's when Alexander Hamilton Sands and John Howard shared a practice known as Howard & Sands. That office was located in the Goddin Building in Richmond, Virginia, which the Confederate Government used in 1861 to plan the first military operation for Virginia's participation in the Civil War. It was also the first building to be burned during the Evacuation Fire of 1865.