- PUCO Nominating Council Makes Recommendations
- January 30, 2013
- Law Firm: McDonald Hopkins LLC - Cleveland Office
The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio's (PUCO) Nominating Council submitted the names of four finalists to be considered by Governor John Kasich to fill vacancies resulting from former Commissioner Cheryl Roberto’s decision to resign. The PUCO Nominating Council is a broad-based 12-member panel charged with screening candidates for the position of commissioner. The governor will select a nominee to fill Roberto's unexpired term commencing upon appointment and ending on April 10, 2013. Additionally, an appointment will be made for the term commencing on April 11, 2013, and ending on April 10, 2018. One applicant is expected to be selected for both terms.
The Nominating Council recommended the following individuals:
- Andrew Bergman, former Adjunct Professor at Capital University Law School, and former attorney in the Ohio Attorney General’s office
- G. Raymond Lorello, Statewide Railroad Utility Program Manager at the Ohio Department of Transportation
- Dan Shields, Federal Energy Advocate at PUCO
- M. Beth Trombold, Assistant Director of the Development Services Agency and former Director of Economic Development and Public Affairs at PUCO
Governor Kasich has 30 days to select a nominee or request a new list of names from the Nominating Council. The governor's appointment is subject to confirmation by the Ohio Senate.