- Batchelder Announces Summer Legislative Study Committees
- August 6, 2013
- Law Firm: McDonald Hopkins LLC - Cleveland Office
Speaker of the House William G. Batchelder (R-Medina) recently announced the creation of three summer legislative study committees that will conduct a series of hearings around the state through August and September focused on higher education, prescription drug abuse and tax reform.
“The committees present an opportunity to hear from experts and others impacted by these policies to learn more and help us make well-informed policy decisions,” said Batchelder.
The bipartisan committees and their chairs are as follows:
- Higher Education Reform: Representative Cliff Rosenberger (R-Clarksville), chair
- Prescription Drug Addiction and Healthcare Reform: Representative Robert Sprague (R-Findlay), chair
- Tax Reform: Representative Gary Scherer (R-Circleville), chair
Committee chairs must submit final reports on their respective topics to Batchelder. The reports will include possible legislative recommendations.