- 5.0/5.0 (1 review)
After obtaining his law degree, Attorney Tedford served for five years as a member of the United States Air Force Judge Advocate General Corps. Since that time, he has gained more than 40 years of experience as a tort and product liability trial attorney. He now devotes his practice to fire and explosion litigation, in which he has over 23 years’ experience; as well as defense of manufacturers in product liability litigation.
Attorney Tedford is a former national counsel and national coordinating counsel for product manufacturers and distributors. He currently serves as national litigation counsel for several fire litigation and product liability clients; he is also a frequent lecturer on Fire Science Litigation.
Attorney Tedford has been involved in the investigation and/or litigation of high value cases throughout the country, including cases involving: - Defense of a boiler manufacturer in a claim for wrongful death from carbon monoxide poisoning;
- Defense of water heater thermostat manufacturer in a case involving the scalding of a baby;
- Defense of a major sporting goods manufacturer in a case involving a head injury from a ball struck by a metal bat;
- Defense of a manufacturer in a diving board accident resulting in quadriplegia;
- Defense of a medical device manufacturer in fires resulting in death, personal injury and property damage;
- The death of 8 employees and burn injuries to 32 others resulting from a dust explosion in a candy manufacturing facility in Mexico;
- Property damage resulting from a grain elevator fire;
- Defense of a fire suppression company in a major shipyard fire;
- Defense of a fire suppression company in a recycling facility fire;
- Defense of a fuel cap manufacturer in cases where lawn mower fires caused severe burn injuries and death to the operators of the mowers;
- Defense of a product manufacturer where a fire in a manufactured home caused the death of an adult and two children;
- Defense of a foam insulation manufacturer where three welders were killed when foam insulation in the barge on which they were working caught fire;
- Defense of an alarm company where firefighters sued for wrongful death following the crash of their fire engine while responding to a false alarm;
- Defense of a major chemical manufacturer in lawsuits brought by burn victims;
- Defense of a foam manufacturer in a night club fire;
- Defense of a manufacturer in a suit for personal injuries suffered by a plaintiff who jumped to the ground from a third-story window to avoid being burned in fire;
- Property damage and personal injury stemming from an explosion of chemical products in a warehouse fire;
- Litigated to verdict the defense of insurers in 6 civil arson cases;
- Defense of a multimillion-dollar product liability / fire claim against a tractor-trailer manufacturer for the destruction of a warehouse;
- Defense of a multimillion-dollar claim for fire damage to a nursing homeInsurance fraud cases involving commercial as well as personal lines coverage;
- Dozens of fire claims resulting from house fires;
- Defense of boiler manufacturers in home and commercial building fires;
- Defense of a motorcycle manufacturer in fires resulting in personal injury and property damage;
- Defense of manufacturers in gas explosions and fires in buildings resulting in property damage and death;
- Defense of a major asbestos manufacturer from claims involving lung cancer, asbestosis and mesothelioma.
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.