E.B. Williams founded this law firm in 1914 when he moved from the Mississippi Gulf Coast to Poplarville, Mississippi, the county seat of Pearl River County. He engaged in the general practice of law, specializing in plaintiff's personal injury claims, real estate law, and oil and gas rights of mineral and royalty owners, until his death in 1976. He was a strong advocate for his clients, always remembering that as an attorney he was an officer of the court and showing due respect to the court, opposing counsel, parties and witnesses. His sons E.B. Williams, Jr., and Lampton O. Williams joined him in the spring of 1946 under the firm name Williams & Williams after serving 5 years and 4 years respectively in the U.S. Air Force and Navy during World War II, and worked with him as a team to advance the causes of their injured clients and to enlarge on and expand the reputation he had built. E.B. Williams, Jr., continued in the practice of law until his death in December 1990. Joe H. Montgomery joined the firm in 1966. In 1974 the firm name was changed to Williams, Williams and Montgomery, P.A., and the firm has continued to practice under this name. E. Bragg Williams, III, joined the firm in 1973, L. O'Neal Williams, Jr., in 1977, Michael E. Patten in 1984, and Cory M. Williams in 2008. The firm now serves a large area in South Mississippi and maintains fully staffed offices in Poplarville, Pearl River County, and Hattiesburg, Lamar County, offering a wide range of legal services utilizing the team approach when necessary for the benefit of their clients. The firm continues to specialize in civil litigation representing the plaintiff in actions involving automobile, product liability, workers' compensation, eminent domain, maritime personal injury, real estate, probate and oil and gas law.