- Florida Governor Rick Scott's Commission on Healthcare and Hospital Funding's Spotlight Transparency Tour Heads to Miami
- August 5, 2015
- Law Firm: Colodny Fass P.A. - Sunrise Office
- Hospitals, Health Insurers Asked to Certify by August 1st That Their Contractual Arrangements Are Below 120 Percent of the Medicaid Fee Schedule as Required by Law
- Florida Office of Insurance Regulation To Present On Health Insurance Rate and Solvency Regulation
Created by Governor Scott in the wake of the Florida Legislature's 2015 Medicaid expansion impasse, the Commission is tasked with exploring the finances of publicly-funded hospitals and evaluating surrounding healthcare quality and patient outcomes.
The following attendees will present at tomorrow's meeting:
- Mr. Carlos Migoya, President and CEO; Jackson Health System
- Mr. Steven Sonenreich, President and CEO; Mt. Sinai Medical Center - Miami Beach
- Mr. Eric Johnson, Director of Life and Health Product Review; Florida Office of Insurance Regulation
- Mr. David Pollack, President; Molina Healthcare of Florida, Inc.
Florida Agency for Health Care Administration Secretary Liz Dudek will discuss a letter she sent to insurance companies last week on Medicaid Managed Care rates and her concerns that hospital contractual arrangements may have ballooned to rates higher than what is required by Florida law. Secretary Dudek is asking hospitals and insurance companies to certify by August 1st to the Commission that their contractual arrangements are below 120 percent of the Medicaid fee schedule as required by law.
Mr. Migoya and Mr. Sonenreich have been asked to give an overview of their current operations, efforts to maximize operational efficiencies and methods for assessing the quality of care at their facilities. They have also been asked to explain how their hospitals use government funding, such as the Low Income Pool.
Representatives from Molina Healthcare, a provider of Medicare and Medicaid health plans, and the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation will make presentations on existing consumer protections, health plan transparency and current provisions to ensure the quality of provider networks.
A live Webcast of this meeting will be available at www.TheFloridaChannel.org. Additional information on the Commission is online at www.HealthAndHospitalCommission.com.
Meeting-related hyperlinks and presentation materials are listed below:
- Florida Administrative Register Meeting Notice
- Florida Channel Live Stream
- Draft Meeting Minutes July 1
- Jackson Memorial Hospital Data
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Mount Sinai Medical Center Data
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- SFY 2015-16 Rural Hospital Supplemental Funding and Rate Enhancements
- Quality and Cost Factors
- Office of Insurance Regulation Presentation
- Molina Healthcare of Florida Presentation
- Governor's Executive Order 15-99
- Data and Information List
- Hospital Commission Key Findings
- Finding 1 - Payer Mix
- Finding 2 - Indigent Payer Mix
- Finding 3 - Cost and Case Mix
- Finding 4 - Occupancy and Length of Stay
- Finding 5 - Profit vs. LIP Miami
- Finding 6 - Profit over 10 years