- Upcoming PPACA Regulations
- January 26, 2011 | Author: Juliet M. McBride
- Law Firm: King & Spalding LLP - Houston Office
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) published a January 13, 2011 report which identifies the upcoming proposed and final rules that are expected to be issued pursuant to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA, P.L. 11-148).
The report is based on the most recent edition of the Unified Agenda of Federal Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions, which was published on December 20, 2010. The Unified Agenda identified 29 PPACA-related upcoming proposed rules, and 18 PPACA-related actions that are in final rule stage. CMS is issuing 15 of the 29 proposed rules. The CMS rules expected to be published in the first quarter of 2011 include:
- “Medicare Shared Savings Program: Accountable Care Organizations” - expected to be published in January 2011;
- “Federal Funding for Medicaid Eligibility Determination and Enrollment Activities” - expected to be published in January 2011 but note that it was published on November 8, 2010, with comments due by January 7, 2011;
- “Community First Choice” - expected to be published in February 2011; and
- “Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities: Notification of Facility Closure” - expected to be published in February 2011.
The report also addresses options for congressional oversight of the forthcoming regulations and long-term actions that are expected to be issued pursuant to PPACA.