- Department of Health - Review of the Regulation and Governance of NHS Charities
- January 30, 2013
- Law Firm: Withers Bergman LLP/Withers LLP - New Haven Office
The Department of Health is consulting on the future governance of NHS charities - both those which have NHS bodies (in particular NHS Trusts and NHS Foundation Trusts) as corporate trustees and those which have trustees appointed by the Secretary of State.
The Department states that its proposed model will:
- remove regulation by ministers
- enable NHS charities to establish and operate more flexibly and independently, in the interests of donors and patients
- preserve the close relationship with the providers of NHS services that the charities support.
The Department of Health is seeking feedback from NHS bodies, their charities, patient groups and other interested organisations by 31 January 2013.