- Government Proposes Fast-Track Residence Permits for Certain Categories
- June 10, 2013
- Law Firm: Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office
The Spanish government has proposed a law that would provide for fast-track residence permits for highly-skilled workers, intracompany transferees, entrepreneurs and investors.
The law would open up the fast-track permit to the following categories:
Intracompany transferees and trainees seconded to Spain;
- Highly-skilled workers, including high-level executives and individuals who hold master’s degrees from well-known business schools;
- Investors who contribute significant funds in the areas of scientific or technological innovation, though no minimum investment levels have been confirmed; and
- Entrepreneurs who create jobs to stimulate the Spanish economy. The minimum number of jobs that must be created is not yet known.
Processing times for the proposed fast track permits have not been announced. As the law is reviewed by the Spanish government, further details will likely be announced.