- Employers Must Report Highly-Qualified Workers' Salaries by End of July
- August 18, 2015
- Law Firm: Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office
- Employers must report this quarter's Highly Qualified Specialists’ (HQS) monthly salaries by July 31, 2015. Employers can submit their report in person or mail it to the local Federal Migration Services office. Reports are due on a quarterly basis, and this is the second quarterly deadline this year.
Company officials who do not abide by the reporting requirement may face a fine ranging from 35,000 RUB to 70,000 RUB, and the company may be fined from 400,000 RUB up to 1,000,000 RUB. These are the fines for companies in Moscow, but fines may vary by city.
Monthly Minimum Salary Requirements
As a reminder, a law implemented in April requires employers to pay HQS workers on a monthly basis instead of an annual cumulative total. The monthly minimum salary must amount to at least the following amounts, depending on employer type:
- 3,500 RUB per month for HQS workers who must earn at least one million RUB per year;
- 58,500 RUB per month for HQS workers who must earn at least 700,000 RUB per year; or
- 167,000 RUB per month for HQS workers who must earn at least two million RUB per year.
Employers should work with their administrative departments to ensure that HQS workers’ salaries are reported in a timely manner, so as not to face fines.