- Short-Term Work Permit Program Moratorium Ends
- July 1, 2016
- Law Firm: Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office
Foreign nationals seeking to visit Botswana for short-term work can now again apply for a short-term work permit, following the temporary moratorium of the short-term work permit program last December.
Applicants can follow the below steps (which are different from the former process):
- Obtain the approval of the permanent secretary of the ministry under which their host company operates;
- Send the application and secretary’s approval to the Regional Labour Office; and
- Await the Regional Labour Office’s decision, which is expected to be available within 30 calendar days of submittal.
Foreign nationals should benefit from the availability of the short-term work permit program, as it requires fewer documents and steps, has a faster processing time and costs less than the long-term work permit. Interested applicants should contact their immigration professional to discuss the application process.