- Quebec Skilled Worker Program Intake Period to Open June 13
- July 1, 2016
- Law Firm: Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office
- The intake period for Quebec’s Skilled Worker Program will open on June 13, 2016 at 8:30am EST. The first 5,000 candidates with an online Mon projet Québec account - an online account that is required for application submission - will be able to submit an application for a Certificate of Selection under the program.
Candidates with a validated job offer or temporary residents of Quebec who are authorized to submit an application for a Certificate of Selection can submit an application at any time. This application window is particularly intended for applicants who do not have a validated job offer.
New Application Process
To apply for the Regular Skilled Worker Program, candidates will have to follow the below steps:
- Ensure their Mon projet Québec account is updated prior to June 13;
- Update their Regular Skilled Worker Program application form so it is ready to submit during the intake period;
- Access the new virtual waiting room that will allow applicants to keep their place in line during high online traffic periods; and
- Submit their online application form and pay the application fee during the intake period.
What This Means for Employers and Foreign Nationals
The new online tool should gradually reduce the current processing time of twelve months or more under the Regular Skilled Worker Program.