- Electronic Visa Application System Shutdown to Cause Delays
- July 20, 2016
- Law Firm: Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office
* This issue has since been resolved as of May 9, 2016.
Technical problems have shut down Denmark’s electronic visa application system, according to a statement by the Ministry of Immigration, Integration and Housing, causing the following issues until further notice:
- Visas are not being issued at Danish consular posts abroad or at the Danish Immigration Service (DIS);
- Authorities are not able to use the Visa Information System to verify the information of travelers into and out of Denmark; and
- Forms on the Danish Immigration Service website and the English version of the website are not currently accessible.
What This Means for Employers and Foreign Nationals
Employers and foreign nationals should be prepared for delays related to visa processing and should contact their immigration professional to discuss their options.
Travelers into and out of Denmark may be subject to added security measures since the technical problems have affected the Visa Information System.