- New Documentary Requirement for Business Visa Applicants
- August 3, 2016
- Law Firm: Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office
Business visa applicants must now submit a certificate of accommodation, which is a document that must be endorsed by two different government offices, instead of an invitation letter with their applications.
The certificate of accommodation application process is as follows:
- The applicant obtains the certificate of accommodation application form;
- The applicant submits the form to the local municipal authority for endorsement and signature with a copy of the passport bio page (this costs XAF 12,000); and
- The applicant submits the form to the immigration authorities for a secondary endorsement (this costs XAF 20,000).
Business visa applicants now face an extra administrative hurdle for the application process. The endorsement procedures may delay processing and involve additional service fees.
Applicants should contact their immigration professional to obtain the certificate of accomation.