- Visa-on-Arrival Available for African Union Nationals
- August 3, 2016
- Law Firm: Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office
African Union nationals whose countries do not have a visa-free agreement with Ghana are now eligible for a 30-day visa-on-arrival for business and tourism. The visa-on-arrival program will be piloted for three months starting at Kotoka International Airport and will be extended to other ports of entry in the future. Travelers can extend their visa upon expiry in Ghana, and business travelers can apply for a longer-term visa at a Ghanaian consular post.
Member states of the African Union include 54 countries listed here.
Eligible travelers must provide the following documents upon arrival:
- Passport valid for at least three months from the date of entry;
- Return ticket or evidence of onward travel; and
- Proof of sufficient funds and accommodation.
African Union nationals should benefit from the visa-on-arrival program and should contact their immigration professional if they need to renew their visa or seek a longer-term visa.